I am a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with over 20 years of experience in the treatment of children, adolescents, and families. In addition to my community college teaching I maintain a private practice where I conduct small group sessions, in-home assessments and community-based interventions. MFT License # 49727.
I believe that each person and age group has different needs within a therapy setting. I choose to work with individuals and families in their own environments and encourage interactive talk therapy to create a safe, compassionate and dynamic approach to support systemic change. Areas of particular focus and expertise are infant and child mental health with children 0-5, school-age children, adolescents and parent coaching.
When working with children and adolescents, I believe that the most important person in a child's life is the parent or caregiver. I see the partnership that is formed between the therapist and parent/caregiver as an integral part of work.
I have provided numerous training workshops for clinicians, teachers and parents. I have presented on topics such as positive parenting, attachment and bonding, effects of trauma on young children, development, assessing the parent-child relationship, and improving communication techniques within a family.
My treatment specializations include:
• Children and Adolescents
• Infant-Parent Mental Health (0-5 population)
• Behavioral Issues
• Therapy for Depression and Anxiety
• Adjustment Issues
• Parent/Child Relational Issues
• Parenting Support / Coaching
• Attachment and Bonding
• Grief and Loss Counseling for Children
• Healing from Childhood Abuse, Neglect and Trauma
• Coping with Divorce and Separation
• Blended Families / Family Reorganization
• Stress Management
• Educational Support / Classroom Management/IEP
• Family Advocacy
• Animal Assisted Therapy
• Personal Growth / Optimizing the Quality of Life